Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{Crafts}: Summer Sponge Bombs



So, I've decided to call my craft series "If SwellChel can do it..."  Meaning - if I can make these crafts - you  can make them too!  Trust me!

There's a few things you should know about me as far as crafting goes:

 (1) I like easy crafts, 

(2) I like inexpensive crafts,

 (3) I'm not good at coming up with crafts, but I like to copy them from more talented people :) , and

(4) I am not a perfectionist and they never turn out perfect ... but that's okay!


A few months ago I came across a fun craft for the summer at one of my FAVORITE blogs :  A Little Tipsy!  (seriously - check it out - she's awesome!)


Aren't those cute?  A Little Tipsy gives an easy tutorial on how to make them.  I thought they would be so fun to use in the backyard in our little kiddie pools - and I knew the kids would love it!


Here are the items I used ... a cheap-o package of colorful sponges, zip-ties from Home Depot, and rubber grip liner.  (Any locals want some zip-ties and grip liner I have extra up for grabs!)

 ... and here is how they turned out!  As cute as A Little Tipsy's?  No.  Are the kids loving them? Yes!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

They turned out really cute! I make some using the cheap colorful sponges too. ;)

Kelly said...

Such a fun blog Chelsea! You have always had such cute stuff and fun ideas and now you are keeping up with three kids! WOW You are amazing :)