Monday, August 15, 2011

{Have you ever tried ...} : Ikea's TOLSBY Frames?

So, I'm starting a new segment on the blog called "Have you ever tried ... ?"  I think it will be a fun way to share products, stores, websites, etc.  I couldn't wait to post my first one on a new "love" from Ikea ...


Ikea's TOLSBY Frames?????


They are awesome!  You can put a picture on each side and it only costs 99 cents!  Really ... 99 cents!  They hold 4x6 pictures. You can't order them online but you can check your local Ikea stock here.

I was browsing Ikea months ago, saw them, and knew I could do something with them ... and so far I have used them for food labels for parties, but the possibilities are endless!  Here are a few that I did for parties:


I hosted a House Party for Ball Canning Supplies (I'll have to do another post on that), but I used the frames and had them match the decor.

We had some friends over for a "gourmet hot dog" party ... and I used the frames to give ideas on different hot dog styles you could make

... and these are from my son's fifth birthday party that I just posted about.




Like I said the possibilities are endless  ....  I'm thinking of printing out these 
fun prints from KiKi Creates and putting them near my desk to brighten my day.



Here's another idea: Family Fun magazine featured a mom who put her children's spelling lists from school at the breakfast table.  How easy would it to print those out 4x6 and slide them down into the frame?!?!

Do you guys have any fun ideas for these frames?!?!

3 comments:

dede said...

Sooo adorable love all ur ideas ur amazing! Love talons b day party so cute! I love the chalkboard

Whitney said...

I love that spelling list idea!!

Megan said...

I haven't tried them yet, but one day, if I ever make it over to Ikea, I will get them!