Thursday, August 4, 2011

{Learning at Home} : Alphabet Crafts



About two years ago I found an awesome site, No Time For Flashcards.  One of my favorite parts of her site were her alphabet crafts and I thought I would make a letter a week for my son.  Well - I started making the letters, but he learned the alphabet faster than I was making the letters and I slowed down the project.  Some of the letters my son helped with entirely from gluing to coloring to cutting ... some he lost interest in 2.7 seconds flat.  Some I made two years ago, and some I made last week.  Anyways - we finally finished all of the uppercase letters and plan on making it into a fun little flip book on Snapfish or something similar. Here are some links for some alphabet crafts on different blogs/websites that I used: No Time for Flashcards, ABC and 123, Totally Tots, and Homeschool Creations.



Feel free to download these ... just click on the image to open it up, and then right click and save! :)  They are not perfect at all but my kids love to look at them and say "C is for Crab", etc!  If you're not sure what some of there (which is quite possible with my lack of artistic skills) just leave a comment and I'll answer you!




  


  


 

 

 

 





 

5 comments:

carolyn said...

Ok, I can't figure out "J". Jamaica??? This is such a cute idea, maybe I should get started on them for Daniel!

Chelsea said...

Haha - Sorry! "J" is for "Jungle", and my sister didn't know that "L" was for "ladder"! Hope that clears it up!!!

Aubree said...

Haha, Carolyn I thought the same thing! Thanks for the explanation, Chelsea!

Alicia said...

So glad you posted these alphabet crafts!!! I have loved these ever since I saw them on the wall of your house:) Thanks so much for sharing your ideas I am so excited to use them for Tot Lot...I have a good craft website I got from one of my friends I will send it to you they have cute craft ideas!

kellibelli said...

this is adorable! I just downloaded each one..except i need u to send me D it would not let me.....SUCH a GOOD idea! love you