Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome to SwellChel!

I "heart" blogs ... I really do!  I can't get enough of them ... the mommy blogs, family blogs, design blogs, recipe blogs, genealogy blogs, etc.  There is something out there for everyone!  I've kept a family blog for over five years and the fruits of my labor sit in hardbound books next to my computer - a journal for my family basically!

I also "heart" sharing ideas.  I share ideas with whoever will listen ... maybe they are things that are tried and tested by me, or things that are inspiring, genius, or just darn cute!  I started slipping a few of my favorite ideas into my blog posts here and there ... like the mod-podge pumpkins I made at Halloween or a to-die-for recipe I had to try.  Then it came to be a problem when it came time to print out my blog into a book ... do I keep my tips/ideas in my family blog?  Probably not!  So, why not create a separate blog?!?!  That's how this blog came about ...

Of course, when I first decided to create a new blog I thought it would be super easy ....

then I was reminded of how busy my three little munchkins keep me ...

then I wondered if I had blog-worthy things to share? ...

then I thought a blog would be a wonderful place to share some of my digital designs, invitations, etc ...

then I had grand ideas of simultaneously launching an Etsy store and Facebook page for SwellChel ...

then, again, I was reminded of how busy my three little munchkins keep me!!!! :)


So, I'm just doing it.  Going for it.  What is there to lose?  Am I going to post every day?  Probably not.  Is anyone other than my sisters going to read it?  Probably not.  Am I excited to share things that I love with the blog world?  Definitely.

It's going to be a work in progress, that's for sure.  But I'm excited.  I hope you are too!

2 comments:

Romulo & Lydia said...

I love blogs too! can't wait to follow this one!

Alicia said...

Definatly more than your sisters are going to follow!! I am seriously so excited and so impressed!!! You are so awesome:)