Saturday, August 20, 2011

{Yummy Food Finds} : Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Layered Krispie Treats from Picky Palate


I'm finally starting a segment on SwellChel called "Yummy Food Finds."  The blog-world is such a great resource for yummy treats, creative recipes and twists on old-favorite foods!  I'm going to tell you right now that 99% of the recipes I post will probably be treats/desserts! :)  But, I'll try to make a conscience effort to include other groups of food!  Promise!

Something you need to know though - I like to cook and I like to bake but I have never just "experimented" with a recipe or just "thrown" ingredients together.  I also don't "make up recipes" ... never.  All of the recipes I'll share are probably from favorite food bloggers who have more culinary genius in their pinky than I do in my body!  I'm also a mess in the kitchen so I'll probably leave the beautiful/clean kitchen tutorials to the experts!


By far one of my most FAVORITE food blogs is Picky Palate!
Jenny is a-mazing! Seriously!  I don't think there is one recipe I haven't "bookmarked" to make someday!  She has such yummy and original creations, and easy-to-follow instructions.  I've already made a bunch of her recipes, but this one, by far is my "most requested" winner:   

The kids love it ... the adults love it.  It's easy to make.  It's easy to keep ingredients on hand.  Plus it has: chocolate + peanut butter cups + rice krispies (need i say more?)

Here is the beautiful picture from Picky Palate:

Here is my version
(this was from our 4th of July family party ... hence the patriotic flags)

Not as clear or beautiful of a picture as from Picky Palate, but you get the idea!

Why don't you go check it out for yourself.  Also, I have to say that I've occasionally switched the recipe up a few times and it always turns out scrumptious.  Occasionally I leave out the chocolate drizzled on top, and sometimes I use just a regular size bag of mini pb-cups, instead of a large bag.  But - it's always so yummy!

So next time you are asked to make a dessert for a party, church function, or just to impress your kids - you HAVE to try this!


2 comments:

ggerken said...

These are AMAZING. I finally have the time to make them myself this week.

Whitney said...

Yum! I'll definitely be checking out picky palette!