Wednesday, September 7, 2011

{Crafts}: Jersey fabric braided bracelet and headband


I came across these jersey fabric bracelet and headband tutorials and thought I would give it a try ... I don't sew but these were so easy and fun to make!  One of the things I liked about this craft is that your results don't have to be perfect - they will look good no matter what!  Check them out ....


V and Co. 's Jersey Knit bracelet
(click here for their tutorial)

 Here is my attempt:
I found some cheap jersey fabric at Joann's but if you have old t-shirts that would work too!  I bought other colors and some patterns and I'm planning on making more, and experimenting with different thicknesses of braid.




"Make It and Love It" 5 strand braided headbands
(click here for their tutorial)




Here is my attempt:
I found this tutorial after I made the bracelets and since I had some jersey fabric left over I thought I would give it a try.  Their tutorial is easy to follow and I can't wait to make some more!





3 comments:

Max said...

These look so good! I keep meaning to make them but never get around to it. I should make some right now.

kellibelli said...

So cute!

Michelle said...

We made these at Girls Camp. the girls loved them. We just used old t-shirts of all different colors. So fun!