Thursday, September 29, 2011

SwellChel Does Halloween: Black Crow Decor


We welcomed some new members to our Halloween-decor family this week ...
two black crows



My sister saw the idea on eighteen25 and they linked to The Rachel Berry Blog here


It was such a fun touch to her Halloween decor ... don't you think?

 image via The Rachel Berry Blog


I bought two unfinished wood frames from Dollar Tree and spray painted them black.

 I picked up some scrapbook paper from Michaels (or you could just print off a scrapbook design on your home printer).

 I had a tough time finding cheap crows though ... I know many people get them at Dollar Tree (but ours was out), so I eventually found them for $2.99 at Michael's on sale.  Not a dollar, I know, but they were nice and sturdy so I splurged :)  Besides the money I would have lost in gas to track down a measly crow would've been a waste, right?

All I did was glue gun them to the paper and voila!

The possibilities are endless ... I also bought a bat and a spider from the dollar store I may put in some smaller frames! :)  I'll post if I make them!

No comments: