Monday, September 26, 2011

SwellChel Does Halloween: Pumpkin Cobbler


I LOVE pumpkin.  I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I love pumpkin waffles.  I love pumpkin-smelling soap even!  

If I had to pick a favorite pumpkin dessert ... it would definitely have to be 
Pumpkin Cobbler.




I have NO idea where I got this recipe from ... and I don't think it was called Pumpkin "cobbler" ... that's just what I call it!  I'm sorry I can't remember my source for this ... if you were the one to give it to me will you tell me?!??!  :)


PUMPKIN COBBLER

Ingredients:
1 pkg yellow cake mix (I actually use spice cake ... yumm)
16 oz can pumpkin
12 oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350, grease 9x13 pan
2. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, spices and salt.  Pour into pan.
3. Sprinkle cake mix over the mixture in the pan
4. Drizzle the melted butter on top of  cake mix
5. Bake for 50-55 minutes.

SERVE WITH WHIP CREAM :)


I can't tell you enough how delicious this is!  Not to mention the amazing smell in my house while it is cooking!  It's easy to make and it's ingredients I just keep on hand in my pantry!  Let's just say my husband has already requested it twice in one week :)  We can't eat it all so we make up excuses to drop it off to friends or have company over to help us devour it!  

Let me know if you make it and what you think!  You won't regret it :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can attest . . . It's delicious!!!

Alicia said...

I am so excited to try this recipe...I didn't know you were also a fellow pumpkin lover :)

ggerken said...

Can't wait to try this...I love pumpkin too!

Alicia said...

It is currently baking in my oven:)