Friday, December 30, 2011

SwellChel Does Christmas: Christmas Card Books


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  We were hit by a stomach bug but survived and still had a wonderful time as a family!  

By far one of my most favorite Christmas traditions is Christmas cards!  I love sending them and I LOVE getting them ... I can't wait for the mailman to come everyday in December!

I also love looking at Christmas cards at other people's homes ... if they are displayed I love to look at them all, see the different styles and ideas, and something about them makes me so happy! :)

I don't know about you but I get sad every year when it's time to take the cards down.  I usually end up putting them in a baggie and sticking them in a box somewhere because I can't stand getting rid of them!

Inspired by a few bloggers who keep their cards every year I decided to give it a try and make a Christmas Card Book.  I thought these books would be so fun to pull out every year and see how your family and friends have changed!

Shawni at 71toes posted about her Christmas cards last year (there are some really creative ones you should check out), and how she keeps them in a bound photo book.

This year, eighteen25 posted another way to make a Christmas card book and even provided free printables to create your own!  (which is what I used)

I just used my three-hole puncher (only two of the holes though) and punched through all of my cards, and attached them with two d-rings!   I have it displayed for now and will eventually pack it away with my Christmas things for next year!  

I love making new traditions!

Pin It

No comments: