Thursday, December 8, 2011

SwellChel Does Christmas: Magnetic Nativity for Kids


In September According to Kelly was one of the hostesses for a "Holiday Bake, Craft & Sew Along."

They had so many great ideas and I loved when they featured The Crafting Chicks' Magnetic Nativity Scene (check it out here).

I thought that it would be such a fun, cheap and easy thing to make for my kids.  Now that I've done it I think I'll make more sometime for nephews/nieces or friends - it really is easy!

I ended up buying some digital clip art from Etsy here (since I think I'll use it a lot in my digital scrapbooking).  It would also be easy to google "free nativity clip art" and find some images that way.  Then you just print your nativity scene on magnetic printer paper.  I bought this 5-pack on Amazon for $8.35. (feel free to shop around though - there might be a better deal out there).  Another idea would be to print the nativity scene on card stock, laminate and back with magnets.  :)

I love how it turned out and the kids have really enjoyed playing with the magnets.





Pin It

2 comments:

Michelle {Fun On A Dime} said...

I love this! So simple and so easy to put together. I'm sure my Little Miss would play with it for quite some time!

BandBGraves said...

I don't have a favorite christmas song but I was able to sing christmas songs in Jeruselem a few weeks ago and all who passed by us were joining in. It didn't matter where they were from they knew the christmas songs. Wow what a spirit it was. BTW Bryan listens to Christmas all year long!
Thanks Bev