Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SwellChel Does Christmas: Pottery Barn knock-off "NOEL" Sign


I love browsing through Pottery Barn Catalogs - they have amazing products and decorating ideas. 99% of the time their products are out of my budget's range :) 

I was so excited when Sew Dang Cute Crafts featured a knock-off "NOEL" sign from Pottery Barn.  The original price tag was $149 and she made her version for $8.  Lots better, huh?
Check out the post here.

I thought it would be a fun DIY project to try this month.
I used coupons at Joanns to purchase the large paper mache letters, and also bought the "hammered" bronze spray paint there.  Total = $8.

There really is nothing too it ... I glued the letters together with hot glue (Sew Dang Cute Crafts also used sawtooth picture hangers to nail it together and make it sturdy). 

Then I spray painted .... and voila!  



Pin It

No comments: