Friday, December 30, 2011

SwellChel Does New Year's: Salsa Bean Dip (updated with pics)




Something that my husband and I always look forward to every New Year's Eve is getting together with family or friends and enjoying everybody's yummy food :)  We usually do just appetizers and desserts and it's always fun to try a little bit of everyone's creations!  We just munch while we play games, visit and watch movies.


Traditionally I make Salsa Bean Dip every year.  I'm not sure if that's even it's name (I've seen something similar online called Cowboy Caviar... it's a variation I make of a recipe I got from a colleague years ago.  But, we love it and it is always gobbled right up.  I wish I could put into words how yummy this is!

I thought I would share the recipe with you ... if you don't make it for New Year's it's great to make for any get together!


SALSA BEAN DIP

1 can white kernel corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can black eyed peas (drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (drained ... or you can dice up tomatoes yourself)
3 to 4 avacodos diced 
1 bunch of cilantro, diced
1 bunch green onions, diced
1/3 to 1/2 a bottle of zesty italian dressing 

Mix all together and serve with chips!





Enjoy!


Pin It

2 comments:

C World said...

no need for chips, only a spoon! it's THAT good! :)

Libby said...

Mmmm...I love that dip! We call it cowboy cavier. I lost a lot of weight eating it ontop of salads everyday! Lots of protein and good oil. Also I halved the oil called for in the Italian dressing mix.