Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SwellChel Does Valentine's Day: Tasty Treat Roundup


This month I've had the chance to bring treats/dessert to various family parties, events, playdates, class parties, etc.  I used that chance as an excuse to make a variety of yummy and easy Valentine's Day treats.  Of course, Pinterest was an inspiration and did not fail me :)  Also, I don't consider myself a professional baker/cook ... trust me, if I can do it YOU can do it!

Pin It


Oreos dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles
Found this on Pinterest which linked to Curbly here
These were SUPER easy to make, especially since you don't have to dip the whole OREO.


Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
Found this on Bakerella here
Mine are not as pretty but they are still tasty.
Oh, and I took the easy way out in interest of time and just used canned cream cheese frosting.

 Layered Valentine M&M's in mason jars
Found this on Pinterest which linked to Brown Paper Packages here
These are so easy and I delivered some to some women that I visit teach.
Each of my mason jars took one large bag of Valentine's peanut M&M's.
I added a paper heart doily and some twine to make it festive.


Rice Krispie Treat Pops with Heart Sprinkles

Found this on Pinterest which linked to Party Frosting here.
They made their treats heart-shaped which is cute.
Also, I realize this isn't the best picture ... I'm kind of a sloppy treat-maker.
If I were my sister there would be no chocolate drizzling off the side, and the heart sprinkles would all line-up and there would be an even number of pink and red hearts :) haha
I made these for a family party and stuck them in a styrofoam display - super easy!

 Valentine Chex Mix
Found on Betty Crocker here.
I thought the kids would go crazy for this at my family party but it was the adults who were hovering around it :)  Also, next time I make it I may not do the powdered sugar - it was yummy but messy for the kids.


Valentine Rice Krispie Treats with Heart PEEPS
I decided to make this based on a similar treat I make at Easter with Easter PEEPS.
I just made a regular batch of Rice Krispie Treats in a pan, and while they were still warm I pushed down the heart-shaped PEEPS into the treats so they would stick.  Easy-peasy!

Valentine's Day Strawberry/Angel Food Cake Kabobs
Found this on Pinterest which linked to My Own Road here.
When I saw these on Pinterest I drooled.  Literally.  Who doesn't love angel food cake/strawberries/chocolate?
I believe the originally poster used it for a baby shoer, but I thought it would be a fun Valentine's Day treat.  I would normally just use plain skewers but I saw these heart sticks at Dollar Tree and thought they would be perfect.

 Valentine's Day Cake Pops
My sister-in-law Megan made these for a presentation we are doing tonight at church involving treats (of course).  These cake pops are awesome and I know there are a lot of tutorials out there but I like the instructions at Bakerella here.

There are many other treats on my Valentine's Day board on Pinterest ... find it here.

2 comments:

C World said...

love the m&m mason jar tied with twine. where do you get yours?

Alicia said...

Love the yummy treats!!