Friday, March 16, 2012

SwellChel Does St. Patrick's Day: 5 SUPER Easy St. Patrick's Day Treats


We're having a lot of fun getting ready for St. Patrick's Day around here and making treats is just part of that fun!  
Here are five SUPER easy (and when I say easy I mean it!)  St. Patrick's Day treats that I've made:





1. Lucky Charms cereal for St. Patrick's Day Breakfast

These are all ready to go for our breakfast tomorrow!  I have a bag made for each kid and we eat it with our "green" milk!

(I can't remember where I got those bag toppers from but when I figure it out I will update this post!)




2. Leprechaun Chex Mix

I adapted the Valentine's Chex mix that I found here.
I used green candy melt instead of the white, and used normal m&m's (except for the brown ones) to make it "rainbow-like."  It may not look like much but it is Y-U-M-M-Y!



3. Leprechaun Floats

I saw the idea from Make and Takes on Pinterest here
(it actually links up to their Star Wars Party but their "Yoda Soda" works for a St. Patrick's Day "Leprechaun Float" too!)

It's just lime sherbet with lemon-lime soda!  Easy!

My kids enjoyed theirs while having a play-date with cousins this week.




4. St. Patrick's Day Mason Jar Cupcakes




I posted earlier this month a picture of my "Lucky Charms" cupcakes here.

This year my kids wanted to save the "Lucky Charms" for their breakfast so I thought it would be fun to use Fruit Loops instead.

As I was getting the cupcakes ready I thought it would be fun to bring one to Talon's kindergarten teacher, but I wanted to think of a fun to way to display it for her.  I've made mason jar cupcakes before and thought that would be perfect!

All I did was layer them like this:  cupcake, green frosting, cupcake, green frosting, and then I sprinkled fruit loops on top!  Easy!  I made a tag for the top, and tied on a plastic fork with my favorite twine from The Twinery!



Or, if you don't want them in a mason jar here is what they looked like when the kids helped me decorate the rest of them!
 


5. St. Patrick's Day Pretzels

I saw this idea from Sheek Shindigs on Pinterest here.

Instead of twisted pretzels I thought it would be WAY easy just using medium-sized pretzel rods (and it was easy!).  I just dipped them in the white chocolate, laid them on wax paper, and after it hardened a bit I drizzled the green candy melt on top!



 If you want to see more St. Patrick's Day ideas you can check out my Pinterest board here!


1 comment:

Emily said...

great ideas!! All look so good! Would also love for you to come share at my Tuesday food link party..
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com