Wednesday, June 27, 2012

SwellChel Does the Fourth of July: Easy Patriotic Wreath


Now that the busy end-of-the-school-year is over and summer is in full swing in here I am finally blogging again.  I've been doing projects, making crafts, baking (thanks to Pinterest), but I just haven't blogged any of it, yet!   :)

I always look forward to celebrating the birth of our Nation and it's a doubly-exciting holiday around here since my husband and my youngest child's birthdays are right next to the Fourth of July!  Inevitably that means their birthday parties are always decorated in red, white, and blue!

I've been wanting to try my hand at making wreaths for a while, and I thought the Fourth of July would be a perfect excuse to do so!  I saw a pin on Pinterest that linked to "Katie {did} it" and her adorable yarn wreath with white buttons here.  It looks like she is even selling her wreaths on Etsy ... too cute!

Her project inspired me to make a similar wreath but with ribbon.  (I thought it would be easier than yarn for my first try!)  I had two craft foam wreaths on hand, and just picked up some ribbon and buttons from the craft store.  Since I have a double-front-door I needed to make two wreaths and this was SO easy it literally took less than 30 minutes TOTAL!  I just glued the start of the ribbon onto the back of the wreath with a glue gun, then wrapped and wrapped around.  I then glue-gunned the buttons on ... that was it!



Here's a view of my front door.  I liked that the project was easy to duplicate so that the two wreaths would look as similar as possible!

1 comment:

Michelle {Fun On A Dime} said...

Very cute! Someone just told me about making wreaths from pool noodles, too. I'm tempted to try! The ribbon looks doable